Upward Basketball 2014-15!
We are looking forward to our 14th Upward Basketball season here at Spring Hill. Please tell your friends about our program. Upward truly is an outstanding program and playing a team sport is a good experience for our children.
We are still accepting registration forms, but hurry before a waiting list is formed!
Registration forms are available at the Activities Center and in the Education Office.
Practices will start the first week of November!
Rule Format Change for (Boys & Girls ) 5th/6th grade Division
- Games are 4 quarters, each of which are 7 minutes in length
- The clock stops at each whistle (violations, fouls, out of bounds play, timeouts, etc.)
- Overtimes are 2 minutes in length (regulation clock)
- Teams are allowed one (1) 30-second timeout per half (1 per team per half)
- Goal height: 10 feet
- Ball size: 28.5 (girls), 29.5 (boys)
Rules for Play
- A jump ball is used to start the game and the overtime period
- Zone and man defenses are allowed (both should be used throughout the season)
- Press defense is allowed in the backcourt at all times except if a team has a 15 point advantage
- All players are allowed five (5) fouls each game. Players do not foul out in a segment (with 2 fouls) but can foul out of the game with five. After the seventh team foul in the half, bonus free throws are awarded (1 and 1)
- Three point shots are allowed and encouraged. Courts must feature a three point line
- Teams are not required to use the Upward Substitution System. Playing time requirements for this division are:
- Each young athlete plays a minimum of ¼ of each game
- Each young athlete must play in both halves of each game
- End of season tournament play adds excitement to your league
For more information, please contact the Activities Center by calling 342-5375 or email.